Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Classics




I don't know about other vintage sellers out there, but one of the hardest things for me as a seller is curating my shop properly. Anyone out there can pick up some old dresses from the thrift store, throw them up on Etsy and call it a vintage store, but I think what really sets the great shops apart is a well-edited collection, and that is something that I am still struggling to get a hold of. When people ask me what my shop is like, I always say “It’s all stuff that I like!” but lately, I’ve been trying to edit down my vision for La Poubelle Vintage a bit so that everything feels more cohesive. Though that vision is still evolving, one thing that you really can’t go wrong with is well-made classics. These are pieces that will virtually never go out of style and are so well constructed that they’ll hopefully last a lifetime! I’ve got a few such pieces hitting the shop soon: a Coach saddle bag, a Ralph Lauren wool blazer and a pair of Cole Haan woven leather flats. Look for them in LaPoubelle Vintage this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment