Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A New York City-Style 4th of July

For me, the 4th of July has always meant beaches and BBQs so for the past few years that I’ve lived in New York, I always try to get out of town to celebrate the holiday. This year I decided to give New York’s 4th of July festivities a try and it ended up being a great decision. We had a lovely picnic in Central Park complete with pulled chicken sandwiches, potato and green bean salad and three kinds of berry deserts. Then we made our way over to see the fireworks at a friends apartment who has an amazing view of the Hudson River. I hope everyone had a relaxing Independence Day as well!


Pulled chicken sandwiches with spicy slaw, potato and green bean salad.


Cherry hand pies from Bon Appetit. These were seriously delicious.

Peach and blueberry cobler with cornmeal topping from Smitten Kitchen.

Serving up some goold old fashioned apple pie and wearing a maxi from the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment