Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chasing the Dream

It seems like every day when I’m getting dressed, all I want to wear is a white blousy peasant shirt. I search my closet from front to back, expecting to find something but never coming up with anything acceptable. Since this seems like such a closet basic, I think it’s time I added one (or two or three). My requirements are this: crisp white color, lightweight material like linen, a nice drape but not a totally shapeless sack. Should be easy enough, right?

You can always turn to Gap for a blouse that is just preppy enough. I like the cut of this one, it’ll be perfect with jean cutoffs and sandals this summer. Get it while it's hot, it's on sale now for $20!


Piped Blouse from Gap, $19.99


This Fossil blouse isn’t exactly what I had in mind but the cascading ruffles down the front hooked me. I also like that it’s sleeveless so I can stay cool as a cuke.
Fossil Skylar shirt, $29.99

So this shirt is a little off topic but I can’t stop clicking back to it. I love the blue and white pattern and sequined patch. I think I would get a TON of use out of it.

Mermaid Heart Top from LuLu's, $54


So I’m breaking my rules again since this one is ivory instead of a plain white but the fit with the nipped in waist and billowing sleeves is too perfect to pass up.
Gather 'Round Button Down from Anthropologie, $49.95

No comments:

Post a Comment