Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Holly Fowler's Hand-Painted Amazingness



London-based fashion designer Holly Fowler believes that every article of clothing is a work of art. And by that, I mean she literally paints directly onto her garments to create one-of-a-kind three-dimensional paintings.

It isn't terribly often that a modern fashion designer stops me in my tracks but I stumbled upon Fowler's site recently and was blown away by her pieces. Her regal images of snakes, jewels, roses, peacocks, panthers, golden chains, and sashes decorate clean (and often brightly colored) satin dresses and suits.

Fowler has also recently started decorating handbags, leather jackets, and shoes with her work (the snake flats are my favorite). Here are some snaps from her recent collections.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment